ABOUT OUR COMPANY
- Trent started working in the flatbed heavy haul space, moving coated pipe for the oil industry, missile rocket materials, & spent catalyst. His experience covered various load types, step decks, RGN, split & multi-axle, pilot cars & cranes to name a few. Months at a time were spent on the road at onsite consultations.
- Trent started working for 3 of the top 5 LTL carriers in the industry calling on clients in the southern California market. He also brokered FTL loads for his father’s freight brokerage and did commission agent work for several different asset-based providers for his client customers.
- At an early stage start-up based in Venice, Trent was hired to focus on digital freight matchings & fell in love with both start-ups and technology. He was an early hire at Convoy in Seattle & was tasked with helping them grow into other states. Dan Lewis & Trent flew out to visit clients onsite to find their first customers.
- In January 2017 Trent launched Transcend Consulting so he could work with many different start-ups in the digital supply chain at the same time. Over the next 5 years he would work with over 100 different start-ups on projects in the early stages of growth.
- Trent has worked on supply chain projects all over the world with many in the UK, Australia, and US markets. These projects included final-mile, digital freight matching, autonomous trucking, 360-degree edge computing, deep learning visual based analytics for monitoring driver performance, SaaS, TaaS, CaaS, container management, and predictive analytics to name a few.
Our Expert Advisor
Start-up Strategy, Enterprise Sales, Tech-Enabled Supply Chain Expert
Areas of expertise
25+ years of experience working in business development roles as a strategic hunter in the domestic shipping industry for companies such as UPS Freight, Conway Freight, Old Dominion Freight Lines and Mainfreight USA. Annual training in hazardous, expert level in NMFC, Freight Brokerage, SaaS, LTL, FTL, Project / Rollouts, White Glove, Oversized Freight / Heavy Haul, training in 5S and Six Sigma processes, Vendor/Carrier Negotiations, Revenue Forecasting, SPIN trainer for new outside salespeople, Salesforce Training, DOT Regulations, Hours of Operation, Expedite, Import/Export Dray, Consolidation, Warehousing, Vision-based Analytics, Deep-Learning, Edge-Computing, Cloud, Software Implementation and real-time tracking via EDI, API into WMS/TMS systems and autonomous trucking.trucking, final-mile drone delivery, digital freight matching, final-mile, LTL, big and bulky, dray delivery and even forward contracts and predictability projects in the FTL space.
Advisor/Consultant and subject matter expert on the Uber Freight model with a focus on strategic accounts for start-ups in the transportation space.
Available for go to market strategy meetings both onsite and over the phone.
Can work on term projects under contract
Strong customer implementation plans for onboarding, 30-60-90 day plan and project manager for reduced churn.
Focus on early-stage startups looking to ramp sales and grow your customer base
Specialize in first/last and middle mile solutions
Our key metrics